We look forward to welcoming you to Kielder Water & Forest Park. Please see our Know Before You Go page for lots of useful information including important details on access to routes following storm damage.
Shadow - Julia Barton 1995
Visitors can walk between the parts of Shadow to experience the many textures that echo those found on the nearby beech trees. Shadow is inspired by and celebrates the ancient trees along the Beeches Walk. The work consists of eight parts and is made from local whinstone, sandstone and earth. The parts are seen to relate to each other and create a shadow stretching down the hill where none would otherwise fall.
Sculptor and installation artist Julia Barton has a particular affinity with plants and other natural forms, coupled with a fascination with technical and scientific advances and the minutiae of construction techniques and materials. Find out more about the artist and her work at www.julia-barton.co.uk/
|Type||Entry for||Guide price|
Shadow - Julia Barton 1995 is part of Kielder Art and Architecture and so are...
- Minotaur - Nick Coombe and Shona Kitchen 2003, Kielder (Garden)
- Janus Chairs Viewpoint, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Cat Cairn: the Kielder Skyspace - James Turrell 2000, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Kielder Observatory - Charles Barclay Architects, Kielder (Science and Technology)
- Kielder Column - John Maine 1999, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Silvas Capitalis - SIMPARCH 2009, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Janus Chairs - Ryder Architecture 2009, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Viewpoints - Tania Kovats 1998, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Mapping mini golf, Kielder (Sightseeing and Leisure)
- Shadow - Julia Barton 1995, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Freya's Cabin - Studio Weave 2009, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Belvedere - Softroom Architects 1999, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- 55-02 - Sixteen (makers) 2009, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Wave Chamber - Chris Drury 1996, Kielder (Great Outdoors)
- Stell - Colin Wilbourn 2006, Falstone (Great Outdoors)