Please read the latest information.
If it's adventure you're looking for, look no further!
- Kielder hosts some of the most iconic events in the UK, from running including our legendary Kielder Marathon that takes place annually each October and also Night Run in March, 24 hour mountain bike race in February through to some of the most challenging car rallies you will find in the UK.
Kielder has lots of trails to try if adrenalin is your thing. Runners can also run on the mountain bike trail network, but we advise watch out for mountain bikers on these trails- but there are for example some fantastic climbs that are also excellent to run up and test runners to the max.
- Brave some of the most technical and demanding single track mountain biking trails in the country are found in Kielder, Deadwater Fell is the highest mtb trail in England at approx 1900ft with iconic views across Northumberland and also the Scottish Borders, Lonesome Pine Trail gives excellent views south over Kielder Water and also overlooks the Kielder Observatory. Our Osprey Trail is a fine flowing trail with a finish on the Lakeside Way South Shore.
- Head to Calvert Kielder for climbing walls, zip wire, King Swing, high ropes course and other adventure activities.
- Enjoy a range of Go Active activities at Kielder Waterside including Archery, Crossbows, Tomahawk Throwing, Water Walkerz, Sea Scooters and Body Zorbs, plus a variety of GO Junior activities.
- Other new exciting activities at Kielder Waterside include a huge Bouncing Pillow, Segway Excursions, paddleboarding -and canoeing, plus many more.
- Why not try a variety of nature based activities such as Tipi Crafts, Pond Dipping and Wildlife Tracking. More information https://www.kielderwaterside.com/while-you-are-here/go-active/
- Go wild! You don’t need to follow any waymarked trail, you can access Kielder forest road network by cycle or horse and for walking also any tracks as well. Watch out for warning signage as Kielder Forest is an industrial area and some areas may be closed for operational work.
- Bothies- Kielder has 8 Mountain Bothies within the park, these are free to use. Access is by foot, cycle or horse only- No vehicle access to these. For more info on Bothies go to www.mountainbothies.org.uk Please Note no access to Bothies at this present time
- The Park hosts a year-long programme of specially organised events such as the Kielder Marathon, 4x4 rallies and much more.
- 27/10/2021 to 29/10/2021