Kielder castle | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1ER
01434 250209 | Send Email
Kielder Castle Café and Exhibition are open daily 11.00am – 4.00pm from November until the end of February and 9.30am - 5.00pm from March to October (9.00am – 5.30pm in school holidays). Last admission to the exhibition is half an hour before closing.
Best for: Cycling, mountain biking and forest activities.
Formerly the hunting lodge for the Duke of Northumberland, the castle is now home to a variety of exhibitons. It is also the centre for cycling within the Park.
Come here to:
- Test your mountain biking (mtb) skills or start a singletrack trail (pick up mtb trail maps here too).
- Hire, repair or purchase bicycles.
- Enjoy light snacks and hearty warming meals at Kielder Castle Cafe.
- Enjoy the Minotaur Maze and children's play area.
- Drive along the longest forest drive in the UK (toll road). (Please note, the Forest Drive is now closed until 1 May 2014.)
- Start a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way.
- Discover the lifecycle of the salmon at the Kielder Salmon Centre.
- Visit the red squirrel room and great viewing hide.
- Get FREE entry to the Forest Exhibition. Access is through the café.
- Keep your eyes peeled for some of the Kielder Super Six - red squirrels, pipistrelle bats and roe deer (on the Forest Drive). For details on the Super Six see the wildlife page.