We look forward to welcoming you to Kielder Water & Forest Park. Please see our Know Before You Go page for lots of useful information including important details on access to routes following storm damage.
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1ER
PLEASE NOTE - THE CASTLE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR REDEVELOPMENT OF GROUND FLOOR AND COURTYARD. MOBILE CATERING WILL RESUME APRIL.
Best for: Cycling, mountain biking and forest activities.
Formerly the hunting lodge for the Duke of Northumberland, Kielder Castle area is the hub for cycling within the Park.
Come here to:
- Test your mountain biking (mtb) skills or start a single track trail
- Hire, repair or purchase bicycles at The Bike Place - https://www.thebikeplace.co.uk/
- Enjoy the Minotaur Maze, part of Kielder Art & Architecture.
- Drive along the longest forest drive in the UK (toll road) fee £3 (£7 combined day parking and Forest Drive). NOTE the Forest Drive is seasonal. It will reopen on 1st May 2022 to 2nd December.
- Start a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way.
- Visit the red squirrel viewing hide.
- Keep your eyes peeled for some of Kielder's wildlife including red squirrels, pipistrelle bats and roe deer