Kielder Castle Visitor Centre
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1ER
01434 250209 | Send Email
PLEASE NOTE - THE CASTLE AND IMMEDIATE SURROUNDINGS ARE CLOSED WELL AS THE FOREST DRIVE
Best for: Cycling, mountain biking and forest activities.
Formerly the hunting lodge for the Duke of Northumberland, the Castle is home to a variety of exhibitons. It is also the centre for cycling within the Park.
Come here to:
- Test your mountain biking (mtb) skills or start a singletrack trail (pick up mtb trail maps here too).
- Hire, repair or purchase bicycles.
- Enjoy light snacks and warming meals at Kielder Castle from the Street Diner
- Enjoy the Minotaur Maze, part of Kielder Art & Architecture.
- Drive along the longest forest drive in the UK (toll road) the cost would be £3.00 (£7.00 combined day parking and Forest Drive). Please note the drive is usually open seasonally 1st May to 2nd December.
- Start a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way.
- Discover the lifecycle of the salmon at the Kielder Salmon Centre.
- Visit the red squirrel room and great viewing hide.
- Get FREE entry to the Forest Exhibition.
- Keep your eyes peeled for some of Kielder's wildlife including red squirrels, pipistrelle bats and roe deer (on the Forest Drive).
Inside Kielder Castle and exhibition space, well-behaved dogs may be brought in if kept on a lead at all times (please be aware other dogs may already be there). Please show consideration to other castle visitors when bringing dogs indoors: they should be reasonably clean, and prevented from causing any kind of fouling or disruption. Visitors with very muddy dogs, or ones that could cause a nuisance to others indoors, We ask that you use the picnic tables in the courtyard at Kielder Castle.
For further information on Kielder Castle please see: https://www.forestryengland.uk/kielder-castle