Please read the latest information.
Tower Knowe Visitor Centre
Tower Knowe | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1BX
01434 240 436 | Send Email
Best for: finding out what there is to do at Kielder Water & Forest Park.
A great place to discover the area's rich history and wildlife - check out the interactive exhibition and view videos on various aspects of Kielder including the Dam and how it was built.
Come here to:
- Enjoy a coffee or lunch at Wafflemeister (takeaway only at present)
- Pop into the Explore Centre
- Get take away drinks and other treats from the Tower Knowe shop
- Shop for souvenirs, fishing tackle and a Beginners starter kit well as outdoor wear.
- Take in the beautiful views over Kielder Water.
- Walk or bike ride along the 26 mile Lakeside Way.
- Board the Osprey Ferry (subject to pre-booking and timetable). (Currently not running due to yearly maintenance)
- Take a walk to Kielder Dam or Northumberland Wildlife Trust's nature reserve at Falstone Moss.
- Visit Kielder Water Sailing Club (new members welcome).
Wafflemeister is the all day brunch and dessert bakery concept, famous for hand made Belgian liege waffles, thick shakes and savoury American waffles./p>
There is a wide selection of waffles, thick shakes, ice cream and coffees. If you don’t fancy a waffle we also serve a selection of cakes, scones and tray bakes.
|Monday to Sunday||10.00am until 5.00pm|
|Food served||10.00am until 4.00pm|