Kielder Water & Forest Park | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1BT
Best for: families and activities.
With panoramic views of the reservoir, this is the ideal base to recharge and refresh or take part in an action packed day of activities. Facilities are open to both day visitors and onsite guests staying in our luxury four and five star self-catering lodges.
Our onsite shop is open 24hrs a day, seven days week where you can purchase fresh produce, everyday essentials and unique gifts. Please be aware that due to licensing laws alcohol can not be served between 11pm and 10am.
Kielder Waterside have a variety of fun-fuelled activities to offer, from a tour of the Lakeside Way on a Segway to a paddleboarding session over Kielder Water to capture the ultimate panoramic view. Pre-booking is essential, to book please visit: www.bookwhen.com/kielderwatersideactivities
Activities include archery and junior archery, fencing, crossbows (over 18's only), table tennis, Crazy Carts ,snorkelling & sea scooters (underwater propellers to power around the pool), water walkerz (walk on water in the pool inside an inflatable ball), disc golf, pentanque (French Boules). Pre-booking is essential.
Come here to:
- Stay in a luxury lodge as part of a Go Active break.
- Enjoy coffee, lunch, an alcoholic beverage or an evening meal at the Forest Bar & Kitchen.
- Enjoy breakfast in The Hide.
- Visit Kielder Water Birds of Prey Centre.
- Why not take a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way.
- Unwind in the sauna after a swim in the heated indoor pool (pre-booking required).
- Why not try out the children's play area or play miniature golf, both are part of Kielder Art & Architecture.
- Take a walk along to the red squirrel hide.
- Shop for souvenirs.
- Hire pleasure boats (seasonal).
- Hire fishing boats (pre-booking essential).
- Purchase fishing permits and get up to date information.
- Kielder Waterside Caravan Park (seasonal), to book your pitch please visit: www.bookwhen.com/kielderwatersidecaravanpark
What you said:
Visitors to the lodges and caravan site said...
"Fantastic place and something for everyone to do. Located in miles of beautiful landscape, birds and activities for everyone of all ages."
"We had a very comfortable and extremely clean lodge which was ideal with a great view over the lake. The lodge was really cosy and had all the amenities you required for a weekend away."
"Another great holiday to this beautiful area, cosy well equipped lodge and welcoming staff."
"We have been delighted with Kielder. Everything either met or exceeded our expectations. We really enjoyed our time here thank you."
"The Tynedale Lodge met our needs completely. They are always so warm and comfortable. Staff on reception and in restaurant very helpful. Hope to return in the Autumn with other family members"
"Excellent quality accommodation....all you can ask for. Newly renovated, with a dishwasher, washing machine, flat screen TVs in the bedrooms....very cosy."
"The staff were really friendly. We loved our stay and didn't want to leave."