Please read the latest information.
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1ER
PLEASE NOTE - THE CASTLE IS CLOSED. THE FOREST DRIVE REOPENS 1st May.
Best for: Cycling, mountain biking and forest activities.
Formerly the hunting lodge for the Duke of Northumberland, Kielder Castle area is the hub for cycling within the Park.
Come here to:
- Test your mountain biking (mtb) skills or start a singletrack trail
- Hire, repair or purchase bicycles at The Bike Place.
- Enjoy light snacks and warming meals from the Street Diner
- Enjoy the Minotaur Maze, part of Kielder Art & Architecture.
- Drive along the longest forest drive in the UK (toll road) the cost would be £3.00 (£7.00 combined day parking and Forest Drive). Please note the drive is usually open seasonally 1st May to 2nd December.
- Start a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way.
- Discover the lifecycle of the salmon at the Kielder Salmon Centre.
- Visit the red squirrel room and great viewing hide.
- Keep your eyes peeled for some of Kielder's wildlife including red squirrels, pipistrelle bats and roe deer (on the Forest Drive).