Please read the latest information.
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1ER
PLEASE NOTE - THE CASTLE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR REDEVELOPMENT OF GROUND FLOOR AND COURTYARD.
Best for: Cycling, mountain biking and forest activities.
Formerly the hunting lodge for the Duke of Northumberland, Kielder Castle area is the hub for cycling within the Park.
Come here to:
- Test your mountain biking (mtb) skills or start a single track trail
- Hire, repair or purchase bicycles at The Bike Place.
- Enjoy light snacks and warming meals from The Sea Diner (Wednesday to Sunday every week from 10am – 4pm. Open until 8pm on Friday for Fishy Friday! Everyday October half term)
- Enjoy the Minotaur Maze, part of Kielder Art & Architecture.
- Drive along the longest forest drive in the UK (toll road) fee £3 (£7 combined day parking and Forest Drive). NOTE the Forest Drive will close from 1st November 2021. It will reopen on 1st May 2022 to 2nd December.
- Start a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way.
- Visit the red squirrel viewing hide.
- Keep your eyes peeled for some of Kielder's wildlife including red squirrels, pipistrelle bats and roe deer