Please read the latest information.
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory
The Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory, is an accessible, public astronomical observatory offering talks, activities, drop in sessions, stargazing and Astro courses to suit anyone from the absolute beginner to the professional.
Located at a Dark Sky Discovery Site in Wark and under very dark skies, the observatory offers the perfect compromise between the beautiful majesty of dark skies and the facilities offered by a 21st Century Countryside Village location:
- Luxury Astro Accommodation just metres away.
- Superb meals and snacks available, specialising in sustainable, locally sourced food.
- Free hot drinks and water available in the observatory Warm Room.
- Full mains electricity and wifi internet for all your Astro Equipment and Devices (laptops,tablets, smartphones).
- The road is open whatever the weather – even in midwinter snow, and we have plumbing!
|Type||Entry for||Guide price|
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory is a venue for...
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory on Twitter
- RT @Roy_Astro: sorry @neilhimself I forgot to include the fundraising link in my previous tweet. Thx MUCHLY for RTing the youtube link, can…16 Sep at 15:25
- RT @Roy_Astro: #Timelapse of the #MilkyWay at @Battlesteads #observatory by Dr Martin Kitching of @NEWTLtd & one of the lead astronomers at…16 Sep at 15:24
- @Roy_Astro @GwrLecture @Astronomer_Mark @barnardos @neilhimself @Claire_Lee @IDADarkSky @JohnBarentine… https://t.co/eYKz1oJ5Sy16 Sep at 05:45
- RT @Roy_Astro: link to watch @GwrLecture In progress, with @Astronomer_Mark well past the halfway point & now at 90 hrs without sleep. Rais…15 Sep at 13:41
- RT @IDADarkSky: New research shows that #lightpollution has increased by at least 49% over 25 years globally. This figure only accounts for…15 Sep at 13:40