Please read the latest information.
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory
The Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory, is an accessible, public astronomical observatory offering talks, activities, drop in sessions, stargazing and Astro courses to suit anyone from the absolute beginner to the professional.
Located at a Dark Sky Discovery Site in Wark and under very dark skies, the observatory offers the perfect compromise between the beautiful majesty of dark skies and the facilities offered by a 21st Century Countryside Village location:
- Luxury Astro Accommodation just metres away.
- Superb meals and snacks available, specialising in sustainable, locally sourced food.
- Free hot drinks and water available in the observatory Warm Room.
- Full mains electricity and wifi internet for all your Astro Equipment and Devices (laptops,tablets, smartphones).
- The road is open whatever the weather – even in midwinter snow, and we have plumbing!
|Type||Entry for||Guide price|
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory is a venue for...
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory on Twitter
- RT @astroventures: We're opening @DarkSky_Obs on Monday now that we're allowed to. Some of the astronomers popped up last night to do some…12 May at 12:51
- @nerwin @marksmcneill Tilt shift ftw12 May at 12:51
- @andywash Thx12 May at 12:51
- Looking forward to welcoming you back on Monday now that events are allowed! https://t.co/5wVxx2pExF12 May at 09:31
- RT @NlandNP: Northumberland National Park named the nation’s favourite | Tyne Tees | ITV News Thank you @tombarton for filming with us t…04 May at 22:19