Please read the latest information.
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory
The Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory, is an accessible, public astronomical observatory offering talks, activities, drop in sessions, stargazing and Astro courses to suit anyone from the absolute beginner to the professional.
Located at a Dark Sky Discovery Site in Wark and under very dark skies, the observatory offers the perfect compromise between the beautiful majesty of dark skies and the facilities offered by a 21st Century Countryside Village location:
- Luxury Astro Accommodation just metres away.
- Superb meals and snacks available, specialising in sustainable, locally sourced food.
- Free hot drinks and water available in the observatory Warm Room.
- Full mains electricity and wifi internet for all your Astro Equipment and Devices (laptops,tablets, smartphones).
- The road is open whatever the weather – even in midwinter snow, and we have plumbing!
|Type||Entry for||Guide price|
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory is a venue for...
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory on Twitter
- RT @TamithaSkov: We have Earth-directed #solarstorms! The latest NASA prediction shows one is a direct hit! Impact by late August 2, but th…30 Jul at 15:02
- Aurora season is coming! https://t.co/aUbNqNdC9m30 Jul at 07:49
- @bunnygod1 Good lord that's awesome what scope are you using26 Jul at 08:51
- RT @NEWTLtd: You can sometimes find us at the @DarkSky_Obs leading astronomy sessions - find out more about what we do there and book a dar…20 Jul at 10:49
- @Wigster289 @VisitNland @visitkielder @Bamburgh_Castle @VindolandaTrust @FordandEtal @EnglishHeritage @Battlesteads… https://t.co/UpeR1Gy0DY25 Jun at 18:25