Update for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Kielder Water & Forest Park - updated 12th April 2021
The moment has arrived, as Springtime makes a welcome appearance, as of today 12th April we can start welcoming visitors, old ones and new ones to Kielder Water & Forest Park.
A chance once again to connect with our fabulous outdoors landscapes, breathe fresh air and marvel at the darkest skies in the country, to satisfy your desire for space, escapism, adventurous activity, pure enjoyment and improved wellbeing.
Our network of walking and cycling trails are open along with visitor centres, car parks, retail and services such as cycle hire (although we strongly suggest pre-booking if you want to rent a bike).
Please check here https://www.visitkielder.com/news/2021/03/thank-you- details of what is available and when.
There are still limitations in line with UK Government guidance and the new Countryside Code https://bit.ly/39QqkHv which if followed by everyone, will allow us all to enjoy the endless experiences of Kielder in a safe and responsible way.
• Please continue to maintain social distancing.
• Take your litter home with you.
• Park in designated car parks, not on verges or in gateways and not on residential streets.
• Please respect local communities, heritage and wildlife.
• Do not wild camp, have barbeques or light fires.
• Take great care on the lake shoreline and near rivers and streams. Swimming and diving is not allowed in Kielder Water.
Rangers and the police will be making ad-hoc checks with anyone not adhering to the regulations, being dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Thank you for your continued support and co-operation as we continue to balance the needs of all those who live in, work in and visit Kielder Water & Forest Park.