We look forward to welcoming you to Kielder Water & Forest Park, there is a lot of useful information including access of routes on our Know Before You Go page
Wanted - new Board members
Do you want to use your skills and experience to help develop the income generation of Kielder Water & Forest Park Development Trust (KWFPDT) trading subsidiary? We are looking to attract new Board members to Lewisburn Limited. We would like to hear from anyone with suitable skills who can commit a few hours a month.
Can you help us?
Kielder Water & Forest Park Development Trust has set up a trading subsidiary, Lewisburn Ltd , to generate income for the charity.
We are looking for new Board members with legal expertise, digital skills and experience of fundraising from private sources or knowledge of developing and delivering tourism packages. We particularly welcome applications from those aged under 30.
The positions are voluntary and would require attendance at 3-4 meetings a year (usually held at Horsley NE15 0PA). In addition we hope that the Board member would be able to commit 2-3 hours per month to help develop and progress new ideas.
About Kielder Water & Forest Park and Lewisburn Limited
Kielder Water & Forest Park Development Trust (KWFPDT) is a charity working in the Kielder area, which aims to promote sustainable development, provide recreational facilities, improve knowledge of the natural environment and encourage the arts. Its members are Northumbrian Water, Forestry England, Calvert Kielder, Kielder Observatory Astronomical Society, Northumberland Wildlife Trust, Northumberland County Council and Northumberland National Park Authority.
The Trust has developed a long term investment plan for Kielder Water & Forest Park - the Kielder Big Picture - and works to deliver this on a day-to-day basis. It has many strands of activity, and the majority of these are delivered in partnership with member organisations and key stakeholders, including the communities and businesses in and around KWFP.
KWFPDT depends heavily on contributions from its members to fund its core operating costs. There is therefore a need to diversify the Trust’s income to increase its resilience and Lewisburn Ltd has been set up for this purpose.
How to apply
If you would like an informal chat with a current Board member please email lynn.turner@ visitkielder.com
There is a short application which includes
1. Why you are interested in becoming a Board member
2. Your skills and experiences relevant to our needs
3. Your contact details.
To apply please email the completed form and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to the application form is here Deadline 21 02 2020 Lewisburn Limited new board member form.docx
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st February 2020
Applicants who most closely match our requirements will be invited for an informal discussion. Following this a decision will be made at the next Lewisburn Limited board meeting.
We are able to cover a basic car mileage reimbursement.
Board Member roles and responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities for all board members
• Maintaining an awareness of the work of Lewisburn Limited
• Regularly attending and taking a full part in meetings
• Actively contributing to setting strategic direction
• Monitoring the financial position and ensuring that Lewisburn Limited operates within its means and that there are clear lines of accountability for financial management
• Acting in the best interests of the organisation at all times
• Helping to develop and progress new ideas
• Maintaining confidentiality about any sensitive or confidential information received in the course of duties as a board member
• Taking responsibility for own learning and development
Essential personal skills and qualities for all board members
• Commitment and availability to attend Board meetings
• Effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion
• Willingness to act in the best interests of the Lewisburn Limited
• Work effectively as a member of a team
Desirable - specific skills currently being sought
• legal expertise
• digital skills
• experience of fundraising from private sources or knowledge of developing and delivering tourism packages.