Please read the latest information.
Housesteads Roman Fort
|Type||Entry for||Guide price|
(Concession (students & over 65))
(2 adults, 3 children)
(Family (1 adult & 3 children))
You now need to book timed-tickets in advance to visit Housesteads Roman fort. We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance.
You can currently book for visits until 30 September. Tickets for the autumn will go on sale soon. We’ll update this page when we have more information available.
Housesteads Roman Fort is a venue for...
Housesteads Roman Fort is part of English Heritage and so are...
- Chesters Roman Fort, Chollerford (Historic sites)
- Housesteads Roman Fort, Haydon Bridge (Historic sites)
- Corbridge Roman Town (Hadrian's Wall), Corbridge (Historic sites)
- Warkworth Hermitage, Warkworth (Historic sites)
- Brinkburn Priory, Rothbury (Historic sites)
- Dunstanburgh Castle, Craster (Historic sites)
- Aydon Castle, Corbridge (Historic sites)
- Warkworth Castle, Warkworth (Historic sites)
- Temple of Mithras, Chollerford (Historic sites)
- Etal Castle, Etal (Historic sites)
- Prudhoe Castle, Prudhoe (Historic sites)
- Lindisfarne Priory, Berwick-upon-Tweed (Historic sites)
- Edlingham Castle, Edlingham (Historic sites)
- Walltown Crags Wall and Turret, Greenhead (Historic sites)
- Black Carts Turret (Hadrian's Wall), Haydon Bridge (Historic sites)
- Sewingshields Wall, Turrets and Milecastle Hadrian's Wall, Haydon Bridge (Historic sites)
- Brunton Turret (Hadrian's Wall), Bellingham (Historic sites)
- Winshields Roman Wall and Milecastle Hadrian's Wall, Bardon Mill (Historic sites)
- Black Middens Bastle House, Bellingham (Historic sites)
- Cawfields Roman Wall and Milecastle (Hadrian's Wall), Haltwhistle (Historic sites)
- Heddon-on-the-Wall Hadrian's Wall, Heddon-on-the-Wall (Historic sites)
- Birdoswald Roman Fort, Gilsland (Historic sites)
- How to be a Roman Soldier, Chollerford (Family event)
@EHHadriansWall on TwitterTweets by EHHadriansWall
Housesteads on Facebook
Housesteads Roman Fort on Twitter
- Find out what it's like to work with our fabulous collections here on the wall, join us at 1pm https://t.co/D1LxebguyE15 Sep at 07:02
- A gorgeous shot of Carlisle Castle, managed by @EnglishHeritage, you can also visit the Museum of Military Life whe… https://t.co/iOFUH3Ak3013 Sep at 11:30
- Quite a lot of Hadrian's Wall has not remained in the wall, this stone (https://t.co/QgTy0EXmfC) marking part of th… https://t.co/TaoyDTl2ym13 Sep at 10:07
- Come and see the beautiful items created by Philip Luscombe of @NorthumbriaUni inspired by the objects deposited in… https://t.co/y9E4uOC2Q210 Sep at 15:55
- RT @NorthumbriaUni: Tomorrow will see the launch of a new exhibition at Chesters Roman Fort in #Northumberland, curated by @EnglishHeritage…09 Sep at 14:54