Kielder Viaduct – landmark, viewpoint, talking point.
Come along to this free event in Kielder Castle's gallery to discover Kielder Viaduct and village stories, see pictures of the past and share your memories of this remarkable structure. Drop in any time between 11am and 4pm to:
• Browse old and new images of the viaduct, railway and community
• Listen to recordings of local people reminiscing about life in the valley
• Share your stories, memories or thoughts about Kielder’s past
• Bring along your favourite Kielder pictures or objects • Tell us how you’d like Kielder’s stories and heritage to be shared in the future
• Find out how to get involved in this exciting project, have fun and learn new skills.
This event is part of an exciting new project to celebrate and share Kielder’s social, agricultural and industrial history and to gather its stories into one fascinating collection for local people and visitors to enjoy.
The Kielder Viaduct Heritage Project is a partnership between Kielder Water & Forest Park Development Trust, Kielder History Group, Northumberland & Newcastle Society, The Heritage Centre at Bellingham and the community. We’re working together to help people discover, learn more about and share Kielder’s heritage.